Green makes me always happy :) That's why I was so excited when I found this green little top @ Anthropologie for sale last year. It's just sooo sweet!
Something else that I found last year were these shoes. I love them for 2 reasons:
* Because hey look vintage
* And because they were designed by a very special and talented girl that just turned 18
And whenever I think about green my blossom buddies come to mind :)
Above you see Ushi, she is one of the characters that I created for my book in 2008.
I wish that I could have a yellow skirt like the one she's wearing :)
So this year I am going to enjoy green in all its expressions, including eating more greens and helping Planet Earth become a greener place.Yay!!
Top and skirt: Anthropologie
Background: Drawn by myself
The fabric in this dress really captures the idea of moss. These shades of green are so beautiful and organic. I took this photo in our backyard because there is a lot of green over there, most of the time. The cherry tree on the background is a little sad right now but it looks amazing in the Spring with all the flowers. I will take pictures of it next year :)
Shoes and Belt: Anthropologie
Today Bill blogged about Natalie's sense of style!!!
Dear friend, I am going through a challenging time right now, that could last about two years. I have been making some big changes in my routine lately, so I can keep up with Diego's new life. His new school is going to be extremely demanding of my time and energy in the next two years. But that's exactly what will make a huge difference in Diego's progress. I will have a lot less space for myself everyday and no help at all, only my two hands. But I am ready for the challenge.
Below are two of the ideas that I will keep with me every single day in these hard times:
"Life challenges are not supposed to paralyze you. They're supposed to help you discover who you are". Bernice Johnson Reagon
"Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems more challenging". Joseph Campbell.
So, my green top here is for hope in the future and positivism. My embroidered skirt is for the beautiful garden of flowers and fruits that is going to grow out of my efforts in the next two years. I am so lucky to have my blogs, which in one word means YOU. Our friendship is so important to me. Thank you so much my Internet friend for the connection that we manage to keep alive through the distance. Some people call it virtual world, but to me it couldn't be more real and I am so grateful for it.
Bill got this dress for me many years ago, he loves this color a lot (me too:). It is from Ethel, which is Bill's friend's store on Third Street here in Los Angeles, CA. In the beginning I wore it with sandals all the time. But the other day I was curious to see how it would look with a few accessories and heels and here is the result. I think that the whole outfit worked out pretty well. Yay! These little experiments always make me happy :)
Dress: G1 Basic Goods (via Ethel)
Necklaces: The darkest one as well as the longest one are vintage. The medium size one with two strands is from Banana Republic
This skirt is the greenest piece of clothing that I own right now. This kind of green reminds me of the countryside in Cuba after the rain. There is a province in Cuba called Pinar del Rio, and in Pinar del Rio there is a paradisiac place called Las Terrazas. That's the place where I have seen the most amazing shades of green. The sun in the Caribbean makes the color green look even more intense than in other parts of the planet. And right now I am missing Cuba as you can imagine, but I feel like I am wearing a little piece of the island in this skirt :)
Skirt: For Joseph
Belt: Forever 21
Would you like to see what Brazilian Hair Straightening is? : PLAY VIDEO
My Little Review:
1. Why I love it: My hair feels silky, smooth and it looks really shinny. Plus this treatment is natural and not permanent, over the next 2 to 4 months it will slowly go back from straight to wavy to curly again. What a treat! I can't wait to enjoy my different hair "seasons" over the next few months.
2. It took 3 hours (in my case) to complete the whole process, but it could take longer depending on your kind of hair and length.
3. Keep your eyes closed when the Keratin product is being applied to your hair. You don't want it to get into your eyes.
4. The Keratin product comes in different "tastes", mine was chocolate :)
5. Don't worry if you suddenly smell something like pancakes or waffles, it is just the smoke on top of your head. Expect lots of smoke around your head when the Keratin product is being sealed with the flat iron.
6. After the keratin product has been applied you can open your eyes and start reading your magazines or books. Make sure that you have a large selection of them :o
7. Do use those little ear protector that you see in the video, you don't want your ears to get burn with the hair drier or flat iron.
8. Relax, enjoy it and don't forget to eat a nice snack before heading to the saloon, your stomach will be forever grateful.
9. DO NOT WASH YOUR HAIR FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS after the treatment, if you want it to last longer. Wrap your hair with a towel when taking a shower.
10. The price depends on your particular kind or hair and length and it will be given to you upon consultation.
Dress: Mod Cloth
Shoes: White mt.
Flower Brooch: Vintage
Special thanks to Jovan, my wonderful hair stylist. He went to medical school (his family wanted him to do so) but he decided to quit and become a hair stylist because that was his dream. Yay for people who dare to follow their dreams! Now Jovan is happy making people like me smile :)
Skirt: AnthropologieBlouse: Forever 21Boots: FluevogCameo pin: Handmade by me
I just had to share my latest love with you: Fluevog Shoes :)
I knew about Fluevog shoes before, but I had never seen them in person. A few weeks ago I happened to discover a Fluevog store here in Los Angeles, CA so I decided to stop by and take a look. I left the place with the two pairs of shoes in the pictures above! But these are not only fashionable shoes, these are THE MOST comfortable shoes that I ever wore in my life and I am not exaggerating at all. These beauties have been designed with the real human being in mind. Once you try them on you become an instant Fluevog fan . These shoes come with the most charming bag ever, I took a picture of it for you (above). The text won my heart! What an original mind must be behind these shoes!
I knew about Fluevog shoes before, but I had never seen them in person. A few weeks ago I happened to discover a Fluevog store here in Los Angeles, CA so I decided to stop by and take a look.
I left the place with the two pairs of shoes in the pictures above! But these are not only fashionable shoes, these are THE MOST comfortable shoes that I ever wore in my life and I am not exaggerating at all. These beauties have been designed with the real human being in mind. Once you try them on you become an instant Fluevog fan .
These shoes come with the most charming bag ever, I took a picture of it for you (above). The text won my heart! What an original mind must be behind these shoes!
Here I am wearing my vegetarian top to celebrate good health :) I got this inspiration the other day while having a green salad for lunch. This top was carefully made using selected fresh lettuce leaves from our local farmer's market :O (I'm kidding!!!) But I am not kidding when I say that I went to Whole Foods wearing this top the other day and a funny young man who works there recommended oil and vinegar to complete my look. I said absolutely, but how about a large pair of red tomatoes earrings? ja ja ja He agreed!
Top: Love StitchSkirt: Jones NYShoes: RemixBelt: AnthropologieTiny Gold earrings: I got them in NY so long ago!